Saturday, November 8, 2014

Easy DIY Mike and Sulley Costumes!


Happy Late Halloween Everyone!!!

I had some people ask about my friend Amy and I's costumes this year. Amy was away so I made her Sulley costume for her. Here is a step by step of how I created theses awesome Monsters Inc. costumes! P.S. Mike Wazowski is my favorite disney character of all time so it was natural that I be him on the one day a year, that you can dress CRAZY!



Here are the supplies you'll need for the DIY Sulley Shirt! I purchased everything I needed at Joann's. Purple Acrylic Glitter Paint, some paint brushes, an empty toilet paper roll (weird I know just stick with me!), and a teal t-shirt. I bought mine from Wet Seal for about $6.00.


Make sure you place something inside the shirt so that the paint doesn't leak through and cause the fabric to stick together. Yes... that is a horse butt I just used an old plastic place mat we never use anymore! :P 

Next I poured my glitter paint out onto some tin foil, and smoothed it into a circle with my paint brush. I just dipped the toilet paper roll in, making sure to cover it evenly, and I placed it onto my shirt.



Slowly while pulling the fabric I peeled the tube off of the shirt, to reveal a perfect circle! Now you get the whole toilet paper roll thing, huh?


Carefully using my paint brush I filled in the little circles with my glitter paint. This takes lots of care, you don't want to paint outside the lines by mistake! I speak from experience! This over all took 5-6 LIGHT coats of glitter paint, to get the color I was looking for! 


Now I was left with a super cool, glittery purple polka dot t-shirt! Now onto the horns! 


For the horns I simply bought some devil horns from Party City, and ripped off the red feathers. As you can see from the first picture, I just covered the previous devil horns in regular grey heavy duty duct tape. The Sulley snapback as also purchased at Party City, for about $10.00! Add a blue tutu, and voila! You have yourself a pretty cool James P. Sullivan costume!


You could just as easily create a Mike Wazowski shirt with his one eye, and toothy grin. I bought mine at Wet Seal along with both the tutus. Overall, I think these costumes were super fun, and we definitely enjoyed parading around the neighbourhood trick or treating with them! Hope you guys liked this blogpost. Because of my surgery it's easier for me to write Blog Posts then to film videos, but don't worry I've planned all my videos up until March! Get excited!!! 

xoxo- Eli

Twitter: randomthatsme1
Instagram: randomthatsme1
Pinterest: Eli Bee  






No comments:

Post a Comment